Celebrating 40Happy Years
Our House Boats...
Safety & Navigation
- are equipped to meet all government safety and pollution control standards
- upper and lower helm rear camera at the lower helm
- have a Lowrance GPS/Depth Finder, complete hydrographic charts for the Trent Severn Waterway, a Ports Cruising Guide and binoculars on board every boat
- all houseboats are equipped with propane, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
Comforts of Home
- are the newest, most luxurious houseboats on the Trent Severn Waterway
- feature private bedrooms with sleeping accomodation for up to 12 people
- have a propane barbeque on the front deck and stovetop elements in the galley for cooking
- feature an efficient heating system that will ensure your comfort spring and fall
- include a spacious three piece bathroom with trouble free toilet system
- includes all cookwear and dishwear for the maximum occupancy
What Sets Us Apart
- are powered by a 3.0L Mercruiser
- have a bimini top on every roof
- feature a waterslide on all models (excluding Executive)
- are provisioned with a starter kit that includes phosphate-free dish-soap, cleaning cloth, scrubbie, 1 roll of toilet paper, garbage bag and recycle bag
- inverter system
- 12v and 110v outlets
Click Here for more information on our boats
The Trent Severn Waterway is one of Canada's most spectacular waterways and is a national historic site that is operated and safeguarded by Parks Canada. It is a world famous tourist destination that is home to some of the best recreational boating in North America.
The waterway stretches 386 km (240 miles) from LakeOntario's Bay of Quinte to Georgian Bay and Lake Huron.
The World's two highest hydraulic lift locks are in Peterborough and Kirkfield.
Located in the beautiful village of Coboconk is Canada's Fresh Water Summit - The highest elevation of fresh water from which you can circumnavigate the globe. Samuel de Champlain travelled this route with native guides in 1615.
The Trent Severn Waterway is an engineering marvel, is historically relevant and geographically fascinating. A great experience to capture for the kids when they return to school and write about "What I Did This Summer".
For more information on the Trent Severn Waterway, visit the official site for Parks Canada.
What to bring with you...
- Lounger (plastic deck chairs are provided)
- Matches and/or BBQ lighter
- Children's life jacket for passengers weighing under 90lb
- Cell phone & charger
- Towels, linens, bedding & pillows
- Personal hygiene products including shampoo & soaps that are biodegradable
- Camera, binoculars
- Note & sketch pads Board games & cards
- Fishing equipment
- Water toys
- Food & beverages
- Cooler for extra beverages
- First aid kit
- Walking shoes
|Rentals||Max Occupency||Motor||Rental Rate||Daily Rate with Houseboat Rental|
|Prices are subject to change.|
|Tandam Kayak/Canoe||2||Self Propelled||$50 flat rate||$25|
|Single Kayak||1||Self Propelled||$30 flat rate||$20|
|Stand Up Paddle Board||1||Self Propelled||$50 flat rate||$25|
|Inflatable||3||6hp Outboard||$80 flat rate||$60/day|
|Addons With Boat Rental|
|Prices are subject to change.|
|Bedding Package||Includes: Flat & Fitted sheets, double comforter, blanket, 2 pillows, beach/bath/hand/face towels, kitchen linens||$100/package|
Fishing Season Opens:
- 2nd Saturday in May - Nov. 15
- Walleye / Pickerel
- 1st Saturday in June – Dec. 15
- 3rd Saturday in June – Dec. 15
* See Ontario Fishing Regulation Summary Zone 17 for slot size and limits.
When you arrive at Happy Days Houseboats, you will be greeted by friendly and courteous staff.
- Free pre-board at 7pm the night prior to your rental
- Free parking on site for all types of vehicles
- Free WiFi at the marina
- Free use of water toys when available
When you arrive, please check in at the office to begin the necessary steps to board your house boat. This includes;
- Completion of marine lease agreement
- Balance of rental payment
- Reading of the Training and Orientation Manual
- Watching the Training Video
Once on board your houseboat, a training instructor will come aboard to complete the safety equipment checklist and dock side check out.
Guaranteed departure from the dock happens when safe boating conditions are present. This means that the captain(s) and crew are properly trained and have proven competency, good weather conditions are present and there is sufficient daylight to reach your destination 30 minutes prior to dusk.
You are always welcome to return to happy days house boats where you can enjoy the marina facilities.
Marina facilities include:
- Electrical hook up
- Shower/washroom facilities
- Potable water, ice and vending machines
- Private boat launch
- Garbage and recycling services
- Kid zone with pirate ship play structure and zip line
- Picnic area
- Canoes, kayaks and paddle boards can be used at no cost on site when available.
Our helpful and courteous office staff are waiting to hear from you.
Happy Days Houseboats began in 1978 and is a second generation family business.
Jill and Frank Quast welcome you to Happy Days Marina; home to the largest mooring of houseboats in Ontario.